Sunnybank Hills Family Practice is an accredited Yellow fever clinic
07336-18111 for all your yellow fever appointments and questions.
Who can have a yellow fever vaccination?
The yellow fever vaccine is recommended for:
- persons who are nine months of age or older travelling or living in any country in West Africa, regardless of where they will be in that country; and
- persons who are nine months of age or older travelling or living outside the urban areas of all other yellow fever endemic countries.
Additional information on yellow fever vaccination can be found in The Australian Immunisation Handbook.
Australia’s yellow fever declared places (from July 2019)
Australia’s list of yellow fever risk countries and areas
Australia’s list of yellow fever risk countries and areas is guided by the WHO list of yellow fever endemic countries and also takes into account recent international surveillance data.
- Burkina Faso
- Central African Republic
- Congo, Democratic Republic of the
- Congo, Republic of the
- Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
- Equatorial Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- South Sudan
South America & Central America
- Argentina – Misiones and Corrientes Provinces
- Ecuador excluding Galapagos Islands
- French Guiana
Information provided by the Department of Health Australia. https://www1.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/health-pubhlth-strateg-communic-factsheets-yellow.htm